Friday, April 17, 2009

Late again

It may simply become more efficient for me to write in the morning, but I don't really want to worry about that at the moment.

Yesterday, was kind of typical for me. I started out with the best intentions and then ended up dicking around for entirely too long. Finally, I ended up rushing off to class, arriving with five minutes to spare, and nothing really accomplished. Unless I can get a job playing flash games. Or setting up tower defences. Man, why don't these flash games teach me anything that I can apply?

And so I bitch, and I'm bitching about being lazy.

Public speaking was interesting. We saw the first half of the presentations. I noted alot of stuff, but what struck me the most was a) get some cue cards, b) use powerpoint, c) use humour. It's the last that is probably the most important, since there was just one that really had both humour and content. Christian did an excellent one on laughing, but it's not really something that we need to be convinced to do. So, my topic, we are not nearly as informed as we imagine, which I need to figure out how I can make it engaging, informative, and entertaining.

I talked with my cousin Sam yesterday, it was funny. It felt like I connected more with him in that moment more than, well, a long time. Maybe I've always had difficulty with this sort of thing. Dunno, I guess I'll see when I get to BC.

I'm going to sign off and get on with my day. I'm kind of procrastinating at the moment. Tomorrow I try to make a Vblog!

No comments: