Sunday, August 31, 2008

University begins

I've started university. This may seem like a fairly bland statement for the majority of the population, but for me it's big. People who haven't or aren't going to university will probably shrug a little as if to say, good for him. Those who have or are going to university would nod a bit as a manner of saying approximately the same thing. For me though, this is the first step onto a path that will carry me to being what and where I want. For me, this is a frightening prospect. To me, I'm looking into the void of my future. I'm coping by not thinking about it.

Of course, with University comes schoolwork, which is good. I'm the sort of proactive procrastinator who can spend a day just letting my brain percolate. University and its unbending schedules and workloads is a kick in the ass in the right direction. It's getting me back into reading and analyzing what I'm reading. I've once again had to start beating my head against the brick wall of the french language, hoping that the language gives way before my skull. Most importantly though, it brings me back to writing, and hopefully once again wielding the English language like a rapier; fluidly and precisely with jabs towards my opponents squishy bits. 

Which brings us to this blog. No, the point of it isn't to stab people's squishy bits. At least, it's principle point isn't. I'll keep my options open for now. The point is more for me to express myself is a semi-stream of conciousness style on whatever topic I have picked. The end goal of all this is to get back to writing in English. I will be limiting myself so that I don't fall into the same trap of my earlier attempts, which devolved into alot of hot air gargling.

So here we are. About three times a week, I set myself the challenge of writing at least 300 words in the beautiful English language, and at least once a week they have to make some sort of sense. Next entry: My program.

No comments: